- Abstract submission is open online starting from April
1, 2018 at http://congress.apvrs.org.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English exclusively via the online abstract submission system at http://congress.apvrs.org/. Submissions by post, email, fax or any other means will NOT be accepted.
- AUTHORS– FIRST (PRESENTING) AUTHOR – The first author will be the presenting author. The First (Presenting) author is expected to register and pay the full registration fee, attend the Congress and make the presentation.
- Please provide an accurate email address of the First (Presenting) author. Abstract submission results and abstract-related correspondence will be sent by email to the First author.
- CO-AUTHOR(S) –A maximum of FIVE co-authors are allowed for each abstract. Type in the names and affiliations as you would like them to appear in any publication.
- ABSTRACT TITLE must be concise. Avoid using abbreviations in the title.
- Abstract Content(excluding title, authors, highest degrees and institutions) should include the following headings: PURPOSE, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS. The abstract must not exceed 250 words. Do not include graphs, tables, images and references in the abstract.
- Define each abbreviation the first time it is used in the abstract by placing what it stands for in parentheses.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit an abstract with correct spelling and grammar. The Selection Committee, however, reserves the right to edit the abstract if it has significant spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all future correspondence. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within 24 hours upon submission, please contact the Congress Secretariat by email at email@example.com.
- The Selection Committee strongly recommends the authors to submit their abstracts as early as possible in order to avoid last-minute rush and system congestion. When the abstract is submitted, it can be still revised by the submission deadline on July
20, 2018. Kindly note that only the latest version will be reviewed.
- The first (presenting) author can have a maximum of 3 submitted abstracts, with a maximum of 2 of each kind.
- Late submission will NOT be considered.
- Submitted abstracts would be peer-reviewed by the Selection Committee. The review process is confidential and the decision is final.
- Authors will be notified of the abstract selection results no later than September 10, 2018.
- Authors may be given the option to change the format of their presentation as a condition for acceptance.
- The 11th Asia-Pacific Vitreo-retina Society Congress holds the copyright to all the materials presented at the Congress.
Submitted Free Papers & Posters
- Please select the right category for the abstract.
- If ‘Free Paper or Poster’ is chosen, authors will have the opportunity to have the abstract reviewed for poster presentation in the event that it is not accepted for free paper presentation.
- After submitting the abstract content, the first author must upload the video to the congress system. Detailed instructions will be sent to the first author upon successful abstract submission.
- All videos should be within 8 minutes with MP4 or WMV format.
- Videos will be evaluated based on their scientific merits, educational values, originality, quality, conciseness, audiovisual effects, editing skills, etc.
Before submission, please check:
- If the abstract has a concise, descriptive title;
- If the study has sufficient data leading to conclusive outcomes;
- If the names of any affiliated institutes, academic institutions, hospitals, eye centers and individuals involved in the study have been removed;
- If the abstract states clearly the purpose, methods, results, findings and conclusions of the study;
- If the study is conducted in a methodologically correct way;
- If the abstract is proofread and/or edited by a native speaker of English;
- If the abstract is within the word limit.
- If financial disclosures for each of the authors are made.