Petronas Twin Towers: 5 Fun Facts
Everyone has seen stunning images of Kuala Lumpur’s iconic Petronas Twin Towers, but what do you know about the history of these landmarks? Check out these 5 interesting facts!
1. The towers were designed by renowned Argentinian architect Cesar Pelli and completed in 1996.
2. From 1996 to 2004, the towers were the tallest in the world. Now they are the tallest twin towers in the world.
3. The towers are joined by a sky bridge at level 41. Limited tickets to visit this area can be purchased on site.
4. The foundations of the twin towers are the deepest in the world. The total weight of the concrete used in the foundations is 35,800 tons.
5. To ensure that the towers were completed on schedule in 6 years, the Malaysian government awarded the contract for the construction of Tower 1 to a Japanese company with Tower 2 constructed by a South Korean firm. Thus ensued an epic race to be the first to complete the towers! To find out which company won, be sure to visit the iconic Twin Towers during APVRS 2017 in Kuala Lumpur.